Do You Need A Gas Boiler Service In Cheltenham?
If you need a gas boiler service in Cheltenham, you are in the right place!
Annual gas boiler servicing is not essential, but it can save the user and the owner of the system a whole lot of money, and possibly your life! Here’s how:
- If you have a boiler that is under warranty/guarantee by the manufacturer and you fail to service it annually, you can invalidate your warranty, leading to you having now to cover the costs of repairs in this period.
- When outside of a warranty period, regular servicing can prevent common faults. When serviced CORRECTLY, annual servicing can be excellent at preventing failures, saving you money on expensive repairs.
- Some issues that are present with a boiler may not always show any signs. However, given time, they can lead to largescale damage to the appliance leading to costly repairs, or even a boiler replacement. Regular boiler servicing often adds years to a boilers life expectancy.
- Boilers efficiencies can be grossly affected by settings on the boiler and system, several of which are user adjustable. By having the boiler set correctly, it can save the user large sums of money in fuel.
- Modern gas appliances are mostly very safe, but they do go wrong. Fires, electrical shock, carbon monoxide poisoning and even explosions are all possible.
By having a regular boiler service in Cheltenham by a SKILLED & KNOWLEDGEABLE Gas Safe registered engineer can save your life, and that of the people around you, and certainly can save you money.
Fatality numbers might be low in the UK, but we can assure you we have several customers on our books who have had directly or know someone who was seriously injured or even killed through faulty gas equipment. Why take the risk and why leave yourself open to expensive repairs?
So Why Use Us?
- We have transparent prices, show up on time and are highly professional
- We are Gas Safe registered
- Our engineers are registered heating engineers with the CIPHE
- We are a TrustMark & FairTrades registered company
We give 20% discounts for two or more gas appliances serviced in the same property at the same time!
You will rarely get a boiler service like ours for what we charge!
“For me it is personal! One of the reasons I started Forthright was to be able to offer high-quality boiler servicing while providing excellent value for money. There are just far too many companies not giving a rats a**e and doing little to no servicing when undertaking a boiler service!”
What Our Platinum Quality As Standard Boiler Service Includes:
- A full manufacturer’s service, including a full strip and clean
- The testing of the water quality within your heating system
- The testing and bleeding of radiators where required
- Full written and detailed paperwork for each appliance
- The re-pressurisation of expansion vessels*
- Internal condensate pipework cleansing*
- The cleaning of magnetic filtration units*
What We Check During A Gas Boiler Service
- The boilers general condition will be inspected. Where it is deteriorated, you will be notified of such faults or potential faults that are likely to occur in the near future.
- The boilers location and clearances will be checked to ensure that the boiler is fully accessible and maintainable.
- The boilers operating pressures will be checked.
- Any ventilation requirements will be checked to see if they are adequate.
- The flue will be inspected to ensure that it is free from damage, obstruction and has been installed and supported correctly.
- Where applicable, the combustion will be checked with a flue gas analyser to confirm that the products of combustion are within parameters and no dangerous levels of carbon monoxide exist.
- Where applicable, flue flow and spillage checks will be conducted to ensure that the flue (typically open flued) is operating in a safe manner.
- All safety devices and controls on the boiler will be checked to ensure they are working correctly.
- The burner, where applicable, will be inspected and checked for defects. Some boilers have pressure tests to check this.
- The ignition and flame picture will be checked to ensure the boiler is igniting correctly and the flames being produced that are one of complete combustion. With some appliances the scope to do this is limited.
- The primary heat exchanger will be checked to ensure it is free from sediment/dirt and other defects, such as cracks/splits.
- The electrics will be checked to ensure that the boiler is correctly wired, fused and such things as the polarity through the appliance is correct.
- Any seals that prevent the products of combustion from entering the internal spaces of the property will be inspected to ensure they are still in good condition.
- The general circulation of the water around the heating system will be checked to ensure the pump is working correctly and no blockages exist which prevent the boiler from working normally.
- Any condensation traps will be cleaned from debris, although due to the poor installation of some boilers this is not always possible.
- Expansion vessels, where applicable, will be checked to ensure that their internal air pressure is adequate and no discharge is evident from the pressure relief valve.
- System pressure, where applicable, will be set to the correct cold pressure.
- The condensate pipework, where applicable, will be inspected to ensure that it is of the correct size, and where required, is correctly insulated
- CO2 values will be checked, and where applicable, calibrated to within the manufactures tolerances.
- A general inspection of the components of the boiler will be undertaken to ensure no signs of distress or failure are present.
- Any other aspect specified in the manufactures instructions as a service requirement will be undertaken.
- We will clean magnetic filters where it is practical to do so
- We will check the radiators are heating up correctly
- We will visually inspect any hot water storage you may have
- We will check the water quality of the central heating system
A Gas Boiler Service in Cheltenham That Provides Real Value!
When be undertake boiler servicing in Cheltenham or anywhere else, our goal is to provide the customer value by maintaining the boiler in a way that will save them money.
It is important to note, most companies do a safety check at best, of which many fail to do that properly. If you have had your boiler serviced before, especially by big companies, you may have experienced the ten or fifteen-minute boiler service!
There is a good reason why our boiler services typically take 40-60 minutes, and that is because we service the boiler well!
Furthermore, we are actively looking for issues that we can resolve that will prevent future call outs and extend the life of your equipment. We want to catch issues before they become problems as well as setting up your boiler so that it will use fuel as effectively as possible!
Again, you will not receive what we do from most other companies, thus resulting in more callouts to make repairs which correct boiler servicing could have avoided!
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a first appointment that is accurate to 15 minutes 99% of the time. All other slots we provide a 3-hour arrival window.
A typical boiler service takes 40-60 minutes.
We accept all major forms of credit and debit cards.
No. Any parts found to be defective while doing a boiler service will be quoted for separately.
You will receive a detailed service report sheet and receipt.
We provide free annual boiler service reminders to our clients.
Areas Around Cheltenham That We Cover
- Bishops Cleeve
- Charlton Kings
- Coombe Hill