Are You In Need Of A Gas Boiler Service In Gloucester?
Should you require a gas boiler service in Gloucester, there is no need to look any further!
Gas boiler servicing, when done correctly, saves homeowners money time and time again. It is not mandatory, nor is it essential, but by not having a gas boiler regularly serviced, such as on an annual basis, the risk for expensive boiler repairs and faults with the boiler that could cause a danger to the people living within the property increase.
In our experience, people who have correctly undertaken boilers services regularly in Gloucester have far fewer expenses than those who do not on average. Here is why:
- Boilers under guarantee/warranty that go without an annual service will have an invalidated warranty/guarantee, thus leading to the owner having to pay for repairs and possible callout charges from the manufacturer.
- Gas boilers that are serviced CORRECTLY commonly prevent failures from components with the appliance from occurring, saving the homeowner money on expensive repairs. Such faults do not always show any obvious symptoms, and some faults when they get worse can result in it a new boiler. As a result, boiler life expectancies often increase, reducing installation costs due to less frequent replacements.
- Boiler fuel efficiencies can be grossly affected by settings on the boiler and system, several of which are user adjustable. By having the boiler set correctly, it can save the user large sums of money in fuel, often paying for the service.
Furthermore, cost companies/engineers do not service gas boilers. At best, a homeowner gets a glorified safety check, and the process will not take very long.
So, if you want a real boiler service in Gloucester that provides value, while reducing the associated dangers from gas appliances, you call us!
So Why Use Us?
- We have transparent prices, show up on time and are highly professional
- We are Gas Safe registered
- Our engineers are registered heating engineers with the CIPHE
- We are a TrustMark & FairTrades registered company
We give 20% discounts for two or more gas appliances serviced in the same property at the same time!
You will rarely get a boiler service like ours for what we charge!
“For me it is personal! One of the reasons I started Forthright was to be able to offer high-quality boiler servicing while providing excellent value for money. There are just far too many companies not giving a rats a**e and doing little to no servicing when undertaking a boiler service!”
What Our Platinum Quality As Standard Boiler Service Includes:
- A full manufacturer’s service, including a full strip and clean
- Heating system water quality testing
- The testing and bleeding of radiators where required
- Fully written and detailed paperwork for each appliance
- The re-pressurisation of expansion vessels*
- Internal condensate pipework cleansing*
- The cleaning of magnetic filtration units*
A Detailed Account Of What We Check During A Gas Boiler Service
- The boilers general condition will be inspected. Where it is deteriorated, you will be notified of such faults or potential faults that are likely to occur in the near future.
- Location and clearances for the boiler will be checked to ensure that the boiler is fully accessible and maintainable
- Operating pressures will be checked, and where it applies, we will gas rate the appliance.
- Any ventilation requirements will be checked to see if they are adequate.
- The flue will be inspected to ensure that it is free from damage, obstruction and has been installed and supported correctly.
- Where applicable, the combustion will be checked with a flue gas analyser to confirm that the products of combustion are within parameters and no dangerous levels of carbon monoxide exist.
- Where applicable, flue flow and spillage checks will be conducted to ensure that the flue (typically open flued) is operating in a safe manner.
- All safety devices and controls on the boiler will be checked to ensure they are working correctly.
- The burner, where applicable, will be inspected and checked for defects. Some boilers have pressure tests to check this.
- The ignition and flame picture will be checked to ensure the boiler is igniting correctly and the flames being produced that are one of complete combustion. With some appliances the scope to do this is limited.
- The primary heat exchanger will be checked to ensure it is free from sediment/dirt and other defects, such as cracks/splits.
- The electrics will be checked to ensure that the boiler is correctly wired, fused and such things as the polarity through the appliance is correct.
- Any seals that prevent the products of combustion from entering the internal spaces of the property will be inspected to ensure they are still in good condition.
- The general circulation of the water around the heating system will be checked to ensure the pump is working correctly and no blockages exist which prevent the boiler from working normally.
- Any condensation traps will be cleaned from debris, although due to the poor installation of some boilers this is not always possible.
- Expansion vessels, where applicable, will be checked to ensure that their internal air pressure is adequate and no discharge is evident from the pressure relief valve.
- System pressure, where applicable, will be set to the correct cold pressure.
- The condensate pipework, where applicable, will be inspected to ensure that it is of the correct size, and where required, is correctly insulated
- CO2 values will be checked, and where applicable, calibrated to within the manufactures tolerances.
- A general inspection of the boilers components will be undertaken to ensure no signs of distress or failure are present.
- Any other aspect specified in the manufactures instructions as a service requirement will be undertaken.
- We will clean magnetic filters where it is practical to do so
- We will check the radiators are heating up correctly
- We will visually inspect any hot water storage you may have.
- We will check the water quality of the central heating system
What Makes Us Different Than Other Companies?
There is a multitude of reasons why we are different and why our boiler servicing services trump our competitors!
Firstly, everything we do we build around providing value. We want to ensure that the money our customer spend with us goes to good use and they get more for this money than anywhere else.
Furthermore, we do this by providing exceptional levels of customer service and proving in-depth boiler services that aim to identify and rectify faults, not just check the safety of the appliance.
In reality, what you will receive from most companies/engineers is nothing more than a basic health check. Many you who have paid to service your boiler in the past may have already experienced the 15-minute boiler ‘service’ and/or little benefit for the cost.
Over 50% of the time when we service a boiler we are correcting minor issues that could easily develop into more significant problems that would cost our customers a lot of money.
Being frank, short-term we could leave these problems and have more work from callouts for repairs later that year. However, we are in it for the long-haul, we want long term and trustful relationships with our clients.
As a result of our actions, we have many customers on our books who have never had a single break down with their boiler for many years, plus many ageing boilers living on long beyond their average lifespan.
Don’t get us wrong, we cannot prevent everything from failing, nor can we make some aspects of the boilers we service last any longer. However, by focusing on what we can do, which goes way beyond our competitors, we have helped a large number of customers save money on needless repairs through regular servicing, money that can be spent elsewhere in their lives.
A significant amount of boiler faults are entirely preventable through correct servicing. More often than not, its maintainable parts of a boiler failing or developing faults through the lack of adequate maintenance. Often, the customer has paid for servicing, but not received it, or received it to a reduced standard.
Many of our clients who have been with us several years will tell you that they trust what we say without question. We have done this through being honest and forthright in our approach in the work we do for our customers.
Also, we are reliable, punctual and push ourselves in exceeding all other competitors in how we perform and act.
Those who understand the value in what we do, contact us!
Why A Boiler Service In Gloucester From Us Is The Best!
As above, it simply comes down to the value we provide!
Our prices are highly competitive, and our boiler service is far more detailed and in-depth than our competitors in and around Gloucester.
The goal is not only to keep you and your family safe but ensure we reduce the number of call-outs to your property by pro-actively dealing with common boiler issues found that most companies/engineers do not do.
We go above and beyond, and do it for a very reasonable price!
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide a 3-hour arrival window for all slots, except our first call which is typically a 15-minute arrival window.
Expect it to take 40-60 minutes.
We accept Visa, Maestro, Mastercard & American Express.
No, faulty parts and seperate issues are quoted for separately.
All customers receive a service report sheet and receipt.
Yes, you will receive one the following year
Areas Around Gloucester That We Cover