In Malvern and In need of an LPG Boiler Service?
Whether it is in order to keep the warranty of a newer boiler, being proactive about servicing your boiler, the sale of your home or buying a new house, you will discover that a boiler service from us is superb value for money!
So Why Use Us?
- Reliable and honest
- 3 hour arrival time-slots
- Top-quality organisation and professionalism
- Fixed & open pricing system
Does your LPG boiler operate safely and efficiently, and when was it last serviced?
The dangers associated with LPG gas are far more serious than those with natural gas. LPG gas can gather without anyone realising and is more unpredictable.
Due to the fact that LPG is denser than air, it will accumulate at a low level resulting in dangerous levels gathering without detection. A much smaller quantit of LPG is required for this to occur in comparison to mains gas.
What’s more, LPG prices are between three and five times higher than mains gas meaning that any leaks or inefficienty working of your boiler can cause costs to rise rapidly.
It would be imprudent to neglect to have a regular service done when you take into account the potential dangers and harm it could also do to you, your property and your finances.
The LPG boiler services we carry out are platinum standard and competitively priced! We are even able to offer 20% discounts for two or more gas appliances serviced in the same dwelling simultaneously! You will rarely find such a fantastic boiler service as ours for the prices we charge!
What Our Platinum Quality As Standard Boiler Service Includes:
- A full service, including a full strip and clean
- Water quality testing
- Radiator testing and bleeding, if necessary
- Comprehensive paperwork for each appliance
- The re-pressurization of expansion vessels*
- Internal condensate pipework cleansing*
- Magnetic filtration units will be cleaned*
* Where applicable
“LPG boilers are often neglected, especially in accommodation, such as cabins, caravans and park homes that are not used year round. Some of the most dangerous boilers we have come across are in these small properties. Given the nature of how compact these properties are and the standard build methods used, the risk factors to the occupants and property are multiplied compared to a typical house when an LPG boiler is operating dangerously.”
Frequently Asked Questions
For a first appointment, we provide an appointment time which is accurate to quarter of an hour 99% of the time. For subsequent appointments, we operate a 3-hour arrival window.
You can expect it to take 40-60 minutes.
Yes. We take most types of credit and debit cards.
No, these will be quoted separately if any are discovered during the service.
We will provide you with a comprehensive service report sheet as well as a receipt.
Yes and we offer this free for all of our clients.
What We Check During An LPG Boiler Service:
- The boiler’s overall condition will be checked. Where it is substandard, you will be informed of such faults or potential faults that are likely to happen in the near future.
- The boiler’s location and clearances will be assessed to make sure it is completely accessible and maintainable
- The boiler’s operating pressures will be ass
- Any ventilation necessities will be assessed to make sure they are adequate.
- The flue will be checked to make sure it is damage-free, has no obstructions and the installation and support have been correct.
- Where applicable, a flue gas analyser will be used to assess if the combustion products fall within the expected parameters and that the level is carbon monoxide is safe.
- Where applicable, flue flow and spillage checks will be carried out to make sure that the flue (typically open flued) is working safely.
- All of the boiler’s safety devices and controls will be assessed to make sure they are working properly.
- Where applicable, the burner will be assessed to ensure there are no defects. Some boilers have pressure tests to enable this to happen.
- The ignition and flame picture will be checked to confirm the boiler ignites properly and the flames are of complete combustion. With some appliances the scope to do this is limited.
- The primary heat exchanger will be assessed to make sure it is sediment/dirt-free and not suffering from any other problems like cracks or
- The electrics will be assessed to make sure the wiring, fuses and things like the polarity are correct.
- Any seals that prevent the products of combustion from entering the internal spaces of the property will be assessed to determine if they continue to be in an adequate
- The general flow of the water around the system will be assessed to ascertain if the pump is working properly and if any blockages may be resent, which would result in the boiler working suboptimally.
- Condensation traps will be cleaned from debris, though if the boiler has been poorly installed, this may not be a possibility.
- Where applicable, expansion vessels will be assessed to make sure that their internal air pressure is enough and no discharge from the pressure relief valve exists.
- Where applicable, system pressure will be adapted to the correct cold pressure.
- Where applicable, the condensate pipework will be assessed to make sure it is the correct size, and where necessary, is properly insulated
- CO2 values will be monitored and, if necessary, calibrated in line with the manufacturer’s tolerances
- A general inspection of the boiler’s parts will be carried out to make sure there are no signs of distress or failure.
- Any other checks as specified in the manufacturer’s instructions as a requirement will be carried out.
Additionally, we will:
- Clean magnetic filters if practical
- Ensure radiators heat up properly
- Visually assess any hot water storeage you many have.
- Assess the water quality of the system
Areas Around Malvern That We Cover
- Leigh Sinton
- Hanley Castle
- Hanley Swan
- Little Malvern