Central Heating Installations & Replacements?
Central heating is the most common form of heating system used in the UK. The vast majority of heating is provided by mains gas, whereas the rest consists of a combination of LPG, electric, oil and renewable technologies. We provide solutions for gas, electric, LPG and some renewable technologies.
We cover all main types of domestic and light commercial systems, such as combi boilers, heat only and system boilers and other forms of storage systems and instantaneous water heaters. From solutions for small homes to large homes and small businesses, we can provide a wide range of solutions to meet your needs.
So Why Use Us?
- Up to 10-year warranties on the boilers we install
- Up to a 5-year guarantee on equipment installed by us as part of the boiler installation
- The option of insurance backed guarantees, including deposit protection
- We are honest, reliable and offer excellent value for money
- We offer all the best boiler products from across the entire market
- We are Gas Safe registered
- Our engineers are registered heating engineers with the CIPHE
- We are a TrustMark & FairTrades registered company
All of our work is done on a quotation basis, of which our boiler quotations are free from pushy sales and any obligation.
“The careful design of domestic central heating systems is generally poor, and the installation process as a whole is generally rushed. This often shows further down the line, and it does not always take that long before the costs of poor design and installation begin to affect the homeowner.”
What We Offer:
- A professional and thorough service
- A variety of options and flexibility to suit individual needs
- Honesty and transparency throughout the entire process
- High-quality work
With us you will get big company benefits, but with a quality service that only a smaller company can provide! We deliver a personal service that is friendly, honest and professional.
We never try to sell you anything you do not need or promote gimmicks.
What A Typical Central Heating Installation From Us Will Include:
- A gas / LPG boiler with up to 10-years warranty*
- Up to a 5-year guarantee on other central heating equipment we install*
- Fully soldered copper pipework
- High-efficiency heating system design that utilises lower working temperatures
- High-quality radiators with grills
- Long lasting thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) on all radiators except one
- Lock-shield radiator valves with drain-off valves on the lower floors
- Robust and effective magnetic filtration, such as the Fernox Omega Filter
- Thorough power flushing of the entire system, including the addition of central heating inhibitors
- Robust and easy to use heating controls, such as a Honeywell T4 programmable room stat
- Fully installed to all the required standards with exceptional workmanship
- Top-quality after-sales
*Terms & conditions apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is highly likely that boilers will be used in the UK for a long time, with the most likely direction that hydrogen is used as a fuel source in the future. As current gas & LPG equipment will be able to run on hydrogen with little to no alternation and is already running on supplemented bio gases in parts of the country, it would be a good bet to predict boilers are here to stay for the foreseeable future and will remain the cheapest form of heating.
Compared to mains gas, no they are not. Not only are they considerably more expensive to install, but the fuel heat pumps use (electricity) is typically five times more than mains gas. The best heat pumps give 4-5kW of heat for every 1kW of electricity they use. Even with the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme (RHI), the sheer cost of a typical installation will dwarf any payback the scheme provides compared to a well-installed mains gas central heating system.
However, heat pumps are great solutions for the off-grid properties for those in larger properties which can afford the initial outlay. Heating oil prices are extremely volatile, and LPG gas is typically 3-4 times more expensive than mains gas depending on how it is purchased (in bulk or via cylinders). LPG and to a lesser extent oil heating systems are often more cost-effective in smaller to medium properties as they are far less expensive to install and this cost goes a long way with fuel.
It depends on the situation. This is why you need an honest company who offers a wide range of solutions. Most other companies/installers will only promote what is best for them, not what is best for the consumer. If we think your best solution is with a service we do not provide, we will tell you to seek that solution.
If you already have an oil fuelled central heating, unless you have a large property, then generally it is not cost effective to swap onto LPG. However, if you were installing a new system from scratch, so long as you have the space for a bulk vessel, LPG would be the way to go in a typical property. For larger off-grid properties, heat pumps could be the better solution.
From time to time LPG suppliers, such as Calor, provide free bulk vessel installation which can be a big incentive.