Do You Need A Gas Boiler Service In The Tewkesbury Area?
Whether you are looking to maintain the warranty of an existing boiler, to complete your annual boiler service, selling your home or buying a new one, we offer professional boiler services at competitive prices!
So Why Use Us?
- We are open, professional and trustworthy
- We operate using three-hour time slots for appointments
- We are highly experienced
- Our pricing is straightforward and competitive
Having a safe and efficient boiler providing your heating and hot water is anything but a luxury, it is a basic requirement! As with other appliances and machines, it is important that boilers have frequent services and are thoroughly checked to ensure they are operating as they were designed, to the highest standards and without risk.
Having a properly completed boiler service will reduce the possibility of problems and maintain efficiency by keeping fuel bills low. If you choose Forthright for your boiler service within the Tewkesbury area, you will receive a top-quality and professional service.
As standard, our services for boilers are ‘platinum quality’ and they represent superb value for money. Furthermore, we provide a 20% discount when two or more gas appliances require servicing in the same home at the same time! It is rare to find a company who offers a boiler service like ours for the competitive prices that we charge!
What Our Platinum Quality As Standard Boiler Service Includes:
- A full manufacturer’s service, including full strip and clean
- The testing of the water quality within your heating system
- The testing and bleeding of radiators where required
- Full written and detailed paperwork for each appliance
- The re-pressurization of expansion vessels*
- Internal condensate pipework cleansing*
- The cleaning of magnetic filtration units*
“For me it is personal! One of the reasons I started Forthright was to be able to offer high-quality boiler servicing while providing excellent value for money. There are just far too many companies not giving a rats a**e and doing little to no servicing when undertaking a boiler service!”
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a first appointment that is accurate to 15 minutes 99% of the time. All other slots we provide a 3-hour arrival window.
A typical boiler service takes 40-60 minutes.
Yes, we accept all major forms of credit and debit cards.
No. Any parts found to be defective while doing a boiler service will be quoted for separately.
You will receive a detailed service report sheet and receipt.
Yes, we provide free annual boiler service reminders to our clients.
What We Check During A Gas Boiler Service
- The boilers general condition will be inspected. Where it is deteriorated, you will be notified of such faults or potential faults that are likely to occur in the near future.
- The boilers location and clearances will be checked to ensure that the boiler is fully accessible and maintainable
- The boilers operating pressures will be checked, and where it applies, we will gas rate the appliance.
- Any ventilation requirements will be checked to see if they are adequate.
- The flue will be inspected to ensure that it is free from damage, obstruction and has been installed and supported correctly.
- Where applicable, the combustion will be checked with a flue gas analyse to confirm that the products of combustion are within parameters and no dangerous levels of carbon monoxide exist.
- Where applicable, flue flow and spillage checks will be conducted to ensure that the flue (typically open flued) is operating in a safe manner.
- All safety devices and controls on the boiler will be checked to ensure they are working correctly.
- The burner, where applicable, will be inspected and checked for defects. Some boilers have pressure tests to check this.
- The ignition and flame picture will be checked to ensure the boiler is igniting correctly and the flames being produced that are one of complete combustion. With some appliances the scope to do this is limited.
- The primary heat exchange will be checked to ensure it is free from sediment/dirt and other defects, such as cracks/splits.
- The electrics will be checked to ensure that the boiler is correctly wired, fused and such things as the polarity through the appliance is correct.
- Any seals that prevent the products of combustion from entering the internal spaces of the property will be inspected to ensure they are still in good condition.
- The general circulation of the water around the heating system will be checked to ensure the pump is working correctly and no blockages exist which prevent the boiler from working normally.
- Any condensation traps will be cleaned from debris, although due to the poor installation of some boilers this is not always possible.
- Expansion vessels, where applicable, will be checked to ensure that their internal air pressure is adequate and no discharge is evident from the pressure relief valve.
- System pressure, where applicable, will be set to the correct cold pressure.
- The condensate pipework, where applicable, will be inspected to ensure that it is of the correct size, and where required, is correctly insulated
- CO2 values will be checked, and where applicable, calibrated to within the manufactures tolerances.
- A general inspection of the boilers components will be undertaken to ensure no signs of distress or failure are present.
- Any other aspect specified in the manufactures instructions as a service requirement will be undertaken.
- Clean magnetic filters where it is practical to do so
- Check the radiators are heating up correctly
- Visually inspect any hot water storage you many have.
- Check the water quality of the central heating system
Areas Around Tewkesbury That We Cover
- Walton Cardiff
- Bushley Green