Do You Require A LPG Boiler Service In The Tewkesbury Area?
Whether you are looking to maintain the warranty of an existing boiler, to complete your annual boiler service, selling your home or buying a new one, we offer professional boiler services at competitive prices!
So Why Use Us?
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Dedicated 3 hour slots for appointments
- Experienced, professional and organised
- Secure, transparent and competitive pricing
Does your LPG boiler work safely and effectively? When was its last service?
The potential hazards associated with LPG gas are a lot more concerning than with natural gas. This is due to LPG being able to quickly accumulate without anyone realizing, and in addition, it is far more unstable.
Because LPG is denser than air, it accumulates leading to hazardous levels gathering before anyone realizes – much less LPG is needed for this hazardous accumulation to occur than with natural / mains gas.
In addition, LPG is between three and five times more expensive than mains gas therefore, leaks or problems with your boiler could cause costs to increase quickly.
Taking all of this into account, it would be daft and possibly extremely dangerous to turn down the opportunity to have one of our professional and competitively priced services.
The LPG boiler services we undertake are always of the highest professional quality and at competitive prices! Also, it’s even possible to have a 20% discount when you have two or more appliances, which need to be serviced at the same time. It’s rare to find a boiler service as comprehensive as ours at such excellent value!
What Our Platinum Quality As Standard Boiler Service Includes:
- A comprehensive manufacturer’s service, including total strip and clean
- Testing of your heating system’s water
- Testing of your radiators and bleeding where necessary
- Complete and accurate paperwork for each item
- Expansion vessels will be re-pressurized*
- Internal condensate pipework cleansing*
- Magnetic filtration units will be cleaned*
* Where applicable
“LPG boilers are often neglected, especially in accommodation, such as cabins, caravans and park homes that are not used year round. Some of the most dangerous boilers we have come across are in these small properties. Given the nature of how compact these properties are and the standard build methods used, the risk factors to the occupants and property are multiplied compared to a typical house when an LPG boiler is operating dangerously.”
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a first appointment that is accurate to 15 minutes 99% of the time. All other slots we provide a 3-hour arrival window.
A typical boiler service takes 40-60 minutes.
Yes, we accept all major forms of credit and debit cards.
No. Any parts found to be defective while doing a boiler service will be quoted for separately.
You will receive a detailed service report sheet and receipt.
Yes, we provide free annual boiler service reminders to our clients.
What We Check During An LPG Boiler Service:
- The boilers general condition will be inspected. Where it is deteriorated, you will be notified of such faults or potential faults that are likely to occur in the near future.
- The boilers location and clearances will be checked to ensure that the boiler is fully accessible and maintainable
- The boilers operating pressures will be checked.
- Any ventilation requirements will be checked to see if they are adequate.
- The flue will be inspected to ensure that it is free from damage, obstruction and has been installed and supported correctly.
- Where applicable, the combustion will be checked with a flue gas analyse to confirm that the products of combustion are within parameters and no dangerous levels of carbon monoxide exist.
- Where applicable, flue flow and spillage checks will be conducted to ensure that the flue (typically open flued) is operating in a safe manner.
- All safety devices and controls on the boiler will be checked to ensure they are working correctly.
- The burner, where applicable, will be inspected and checked for defects. Some boilers have pressure tests to check this.
- The ignition and flame picture will be checked to ensure the boiler is igniting correctly and the flames being produced that are one of complete combustion. With some appliances the scope to do this is limited.
- The primary heat exchanger will be checked to ensure it is free from sediment/dirt and other defects, such as cracks/splits.
- The electrics will be checked to ensure that the boiler is correctly wired, fused and such things as the polarity through the appliance is correct.
- Any seals that prevent the products of combustion from entering the internal spaces of the property will be inspected to ensure they are still in good condition.
- The general circulation of the water around the heating system will be checked to ensure the pump is working correctly and no blockages exist which prevent the boiler from working normally.
- Any condensation traps will be cleaned from debris, although due to the poor installation of some boilers this is not always possible.
- Expansion vessels, where applicable, will be checked to ensure that their internal air pressure is adequate and no discharge is evident from the pressure relief valve.
- System pressure, where applicable, will be set to the correct cold pressure.
- The condensate pipework, where applicable, will be inspected to ensure that it is of the correct size, and where required, is correctly insulated
- CO2 values will be checked, and where applicable, calibrated to within the manufactures tolerances.
- A general inspection of the boilers components will be undertaken to ensure no signs of distress or failure are present.
- Any other aspect specified in the manufactures instructions as a service requirement will be undertaken.
- Clean magnetic filters where it is practical to do so
- Check the radiators are heating up correctly
- Visually inspect any hot water storeage you many have.
- Check the water quality of the central heating system
Areas Around Tewkesbury That We Cover
- Walton Cardiff
- Bushley Green