Written by Neil Marsh MCIPHE RP RHP EngTech
We at Forthright Bromyard can appreciate that not all of the people that read our material reside within our work areas, and to help those people we have put together a concise guide of the do’s and don’ts when it comes to new boiler installations…
For local boiler installations in Worcester, Hereford and their home counties, we are the ideal company to call as everything we advise we do/have/undertake as standard.
- Always use a Gas Safe registered installer or company
- Always use highly accredited installers and companies
- Get multiple boiler quotes from local and regional boiler installation companies.
- Power flush your existing central heating system when fitting a new boiler to it
- Ensure the installer is covering vulnerable areas with protective sheets
- Make sure that you receive certification of the manufacturer’s guarantee and Gas Safe certification of the boiler installation
- Use an installer without cross-referencing information online for such things as reviews.
- Use an installer who has complex and hard to read small print
- Use an installer who does not provide full written quotations (uses estimates)
- Forget to research the boiler being recommended by the installer
- Be afraid to ask any questions and be clear on what you expect
- Expect to clean up afterwards or be left with rubbish to dispose of.
- Pay the balance until the contract has been completed to specification